30 April, 2010
IS THERE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN KG BUAH PALA RESIDENTS & FELDA/FELCRA SETTLERS IN PAKATAN RAKYAT STATES?
I refer to the inaction of the DAP Penang government to prevent the demolishment of the houses and ranches at Kampung Buah Pala yesterday.
1. Last week on 21 April 2010, it was announced by the PAS Kedah state government that settlers of seven Felda schemes and nine Felcra schemes in Kedah who have worked their land for more than 20 years will be given titles soon.
2. Whatever the intentions of the Kedah PAS state government in giving out the land titles may be, I believe any move that may benefit Malaysians must be supported.
3. As Penang is also part of the states controlled by Pakatan Rakyat, there should be uniform policies to be adhered by the administration of ALL Pakatan Rakyat states.
4. The examples set out by Kedah PAS state government should be followed by Penang DAP state government in assisting all Malaysians in the state.
5. As such, the Penang DAP state government should grant appropriate assistance to the resident of Kampung Buah Pala.
6. There is no difference between Felda or Felcra settlers in Kedah with the settlers at Kampung Buah Pala in Penang.
7. The failure of Penang DAP state government to grant appropriate assistance to the Kampung Buah Pala settlers would show the continued inconsistent policies in ALL Pakatan Rakyat states.