02 April, 2010
OPEN QUESTION TO PAKATAN RAKYAT LEADERS ON “MALAYSIAN FIRST OR MALAY FIRST” (via YB LIM KIT SIANG)
Yang Berhormat LIM KIT SIANG,
(via Email: email@example.com)
Date: 2nd April, 2010
c.c Media Representatives
Dear Yang Berhormat,
OPEN QUESTION TO PAKATAN RAKYAT LEADERS ON
“MALAYSIAN FIRST OR MALAY FIRST”
1. I refer to the question and challenge posed by Yang Berhormat to our Deputy Prime Minister Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin, whether he is a Malay or Malaysian first. It was also reported in the media that Yang Berhormat suggested that our Deputy Prime Minister should step down if he considers himself as a Malay first rather than a Malaysian.
2. It would be important to see whether Yang Berhormat would act fairly in the interest of all Malaysians to pose the same question to the heads of your respective partners in PKR and PAS, being Yang Berhormat Dato Seri Anwar Ibrahim and YB Dato Seri Hadi Awang, whether they are Malay or Malaysian first.
3. The same question should also be posed to all “Malay” Menteri Besar of all states under the administration of Pakatan Rakyat (i.e. Kedah, Kelantan & Selangor), whether they are Malay or Malaysian first.
4. I believe that the Chief Minister of Penang, Yang Berhormat Lim Guan Eng would certainly able to proclaim himself as a Malaysian first and not his Chinese origin race, based on DAP’s idealogy.
5. In the event you are unable to obtain a public confirmation from the heads of your respective partners in PKR and PAS as well as from the “Malay” Menteri Besar of all states under the administration of Pakatan Rakyat that they are Malaysian first and not Malay first, then it would be fair to imply the rejection of DAP’s Middle Malaysia concept by Pakatan Rakyat.
6. In such situation, Yang Berhormat should also request these Menteri Besar to step down if they do not consider themselves as Malaysian first.
7. There should not be any double standard in the aims of DAP to promote the principles of Malaysian first.
Thank you for your attention in this matter.